Paralympic snowboarder Amy Purdy underwentÃ‚Â surgery Monday after revealing that she had developed a massive blood clot in her leg, forcing her to choose between risking losing her limb or possibly endangering her donated kidney.
A British tourist died after she contracted rabies when she was bitten by a cat during a vacation in Morocco.
A 10th child died Wednesday in a viral outbreak at a New Jersey rehabilitation facility that’s sickened a total of 28 people since September, health officials said.
Another child has died in an outbreak of a viral illness at a New Jersey rehabilitation facility bringing the death toll to seven, while 11 others remain sickened, health officials said Wednesday.
A North Carolina man died after he was bitten by a fire ant that led to an allergic reaction, his family said.
Two Vietnam War veterans who reunited nearly 50 years after they served in the Air Force together now share more than just experiences.
A Missouri father said his 10-year-old son is lucky to be alive after the child was impaled by a 12-inch metal meat skewer when he fell from a tree house.
Three adults and 48 teens people on a trip from New York to Washington, D.C., were taken to the hospital Sunday after showing signs of food poisoning, officials said.
Thousands of cheerleaders may have been exposed to mumps last month after attending a national competition in Texas that drew people from 39 states, health officials said.
A U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer saved a newborn’s life last week by unwrapping the umbilical cord from around his neck during delivery, the agency said on Wednesday.
Feel a sneeze coming on? Doctors are telling people to just let it all out.
Serena Williams revealed she suffered major health complications in the days after she gave birth to her daughter, Alexis Olympia, that left her bedridden for the first six weeks of motherhood.
A New York woman joined millions of people across the nation to watch this summer’s total eclipse — but the most-talked about spectacle has now left her with a crescent-shaped burn in her eye.
A toddler who was born without kidneys finally received a life-saving transplant on Wednesday, more than a month after his initial procedure was stalled when his father – a perfect match for him – violated his probation, the boy’s mother revealed.
A Canadian mother was sentenced on Friday to three years in prison after her son died of strep throat when she failed to take him to a doctor and attempted to threat his sickness with “holistic remedies.”
Target pulled two fidget spinners from store shelves and its website over the weekend after a public advocacy group said it found high levels of lead in the popular products.