At least two passengers on an international flight that arrived in San Francisco in February contracted measles from an infected person who was on the same flight, the cityÃ¢â‚¬s department of public health said in a statement Wednesday.
A woman in South Florida has reportedly become one of the first in the country to receive a prosthetic iris to repair the one in her left eye that has been damaged since childhood.
Pet owners (particularly cat parents) should be mindful when using essential oil diffusers, especially if the device is a so-called Ã¢â‚¬Å“active diffuser,Ã¢â‚¬ï¿½ a veterinarian in Ohio recently warned.
Actor Luke Perry’s tragic death on Monday following a “massive stroke” at age 52 has physicians warning that the disease affects more than just the elderly.Ã‚Â
A 50-year-old Florida woman gave birth to a baby boy in December, despite being told by doctors in 2017 that she was in menopause and had a Ã¢â‚¬Å“close to zeroÃ¢â‚¬ï¿½ chance of getting pregnant, the Naples Daily News reported.
More than 300 total students at a middle school in Illinois called out sick earlier this week reportedly due to an isolated outbreak of the flu.
A young boy in Ohio defied to odds to overcome an extremely rare and aggressive cancer.
Travelers at Chicago Midway Airport late last week may have been exposed to measles, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) said in a warning Thursday.
An Avon, Ohio woman says she was diagnosed with colon cancer just six months after she gave birth to her daughter.
An 8-year-old North Carolina boy hoping to spend a peaceful Christmas with his family in Utah instead received a devastating and unexpected diagnosis of Glioblastoma, an aggressive and cancerous tumor found in the brain or spine.
Health officials in Tennessee are urging customers who dined at an Outback Steakhouse restaurant in Rivergate in late December to receive a hepatitis A vaccine after an employee there tested positive for it.
Those with blue or light-colored eyes may be less affected by Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) compared to those with dark-colored or brown eyes, a study found.
A New York woman has tested positive for hepatitis B after undergoing surgery at a facility in New Jersey that recently warned more than 3,000 patients they may have been exposed to HIV and hepatitis as a result of “deficiencies in infection control” at the center.
The 11-year-old boy in Brooklyn, New York, who died after he likely suffered an allergic reaction to the smell of cooking fish gave his father two kisses and told him he loved him before he passed away, his father said.
An 11-year-old boy in Brooklyn, New York, has reportedly died after the smell of cooking fish apparently caused him to have a fatal allergic reaction, according to a report.
More than 50 employees in the maternity unit at a New York hospital claim they have been sickened in recent months by an odor that has been linked to mold.
A New York resident has developed a bacterial infection after drinking raw milk that likely came from a farm in Pennsylvania, the New York Department of Health announced this week.
Supermarket chain Kroger is recalling some of its cooked shrimp products after finding the products may be under-cooked.
A 16-month-old toddler in Jenks, Oklahoma who was born with a rare condition that causes his tongue to be abnormally large will require surgery to reduce its size, his mother said.
Consumers should check their freezers, as more than 160,000 pounds of Jennie-O turkey products are being recalled over possible salmonella contamination.